Welcome once more to my little space where I interview different authors. Today it is the turn of the author of "Long Lost Song". He answered the questions in the interview in his own
- Describe yourself.
Almost human. That is dependant on your definition of human.
- What is your favourite fruit flavour?
Chocolate or pear (as long as the pear is hard).
- What is your favourite day of the week?
The one that does not end in ‘day’. Funnily enough weekends are not my strong suit, as I almost prefer to be lost in my own head space.
- Which is your favourite time of the day?
The explicit versión – those few moments of hopping into bed and watching my wife undress.
The clean version – waking up next to her.
- Are you a morning person or a night person?
I really don’t know if I have a good time of day! Those first minutes when the words start pouring out.
- What is your favourite breakfast meal?
Can you really go past bacon?
- What is your favourite colour and why?
I don’t have a favourite color. Each color works for me when it needs to. I have an aversión to Green but I love the hills full of Green. I love gray on a rainy day as there is so many shades of gray (and please do NOT mention that f**King book). Blue sky. It’s associated with objects.
- Which is your most favourite book ever?
Dang. I don’t think I can reduce it to one book as I am constantly rediscovering old books. For instance I interviewed Gene Wolfe and had to go and get his Sun books. Books I had forgotten about enjoying.
- What kind of music do you like?
I have a huge collection of music – over 85000 songs. It ranges from classical to heavy metal. My iTunes just shuffles them all day. It creates for a very interesting listen some days.
But then on the odd occasion it gets into a Groove until it blasts out something really unexpected. My main music man is David Bowie, but Dave Matthews Band is a favourite as well.
- Which is your favourite genre of films?
Science fiction. Finally an easy question!
- Which is your most favourite place in this Earth?
Going back to explicit – bed with wife.
- Which animal would you want to be and why?
My daughter Summer thinks I should be a dragon. She was very disappointed when my dragon necklace broke, so she bought me a Little dragon for my desk.
- If you could have a luncheon with any 3 people (real or fictitious), who would you choose and why?
David Bowie – been listening to his music for far too long
Robert Johnson – for being a character in my book
Neal Stephenson – just ‘cause!
- If you were granted 3 wishes, what would you ask for?
A Little bit more money
A new car
- If you were stranded on a lonely beach, what are the 5 things that you would want to survive?
Kindle connected to a solar panel (must be absolutely full though)
My iPod (another solar panel)
A boat – for the if and when I want to get off.
- If you could be anyone, who would you be?
- What is the one thing you wish you could change in yourself?
Ummm….. Ask the wife.
- What is the one thing you wish you could do if given the chance?
I have done the major thing in my life. I published.
- What would you do if you won the lottery?
See question 14.
- If you knew that this was your last day on Earth, how would you spend it?
How repetitive. In bed.
- Were you a naughty kid or a nice kid?
I wrecked things trying to repair them.
- What was the happiest moment in your life?
The birth of my two boys.
My second marriage.
Holding Long Lost Song for the first time.
- Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
With a series of books and still writing.
- What is the weirdest/craziest thing you have ever done?
I jumped out of a plane once.
- What is your definition of an incredible weekend?
Tickets to a loud music gig and a hotel room to celebrate the event later.
- Which is the best holidays you have ever had?
Marieke and I went away to a Little place on Philip Island. It was the first weekend away for us. Very special memories for me.
- Have you got a phobia you want to share?
I cannot swim.
- What makes you angry?
Most days, too many things. I need to find my happy place more often.
- What do you do when you feel sad?
- Who or what inspires you?
It’s the people showing Support in me and my writing.
- Congratulations! Now you can freely rant about your book(s) and/or projects.
I am the author of Long Lost Song. That’s it!