- Describe yourself.
- What is your favourite fruit flavour?
- What is your favourite day of the week?
- Which is your favourite time of the day?
- Are you a morning person or a night person?
- What is your favourite breakfast meal?
- What is your favourite colour and why?
- Which is your most favourite book ever?
- What kind of music do you like? Everything from classical to rock to blues.
- Which is your favourite genre of films?
- Which is your most favourite place in this Earth?
- Which animal would you want to be and why?
- If you could have a luncheon with any 3 people (real or fictitious), who would you choose and why?
- If you were granted 3 wishes, what would you ask for?
- If you were stranded on a lonely beach, what are the 5 things that you would want to survive? Assuming coconuts are already there…1. Several barrels of wine; 2. A nice (big) wine glass; 3. Hubby and our pets; 4.The new kindle they’re going to invent with eternal battery life; 5. A fluffy pillow.
- If you could be anyone, who would you be?
- What is the one thing you wish you could change in yourself?
- What is the one thing you wish you could do if given the chance?
- What would you do if you won the lottery?
- If you knew that this was your last day on Earth, how would you spend it?
- Were you a naughty kid or a nice kid?
- What was the happiest moment in your life?
- Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
- What is the weirdest/craziest thing you have ever done?
- What is your definition of an incredible weekend?
- Which is the best holiday you have ever had?
- Have you got a phobia you want to share?
- What makes you angry?
- What do you do when you feel sad?
- Who or what inspires you?
What: The elements.
- Congratulations! Now you can freely rant about your book(s) and/or projects. Woohoo.
“I know that if we fade before we are found we will never be able to go home. If we fade, we disappear as if we never existed. That is very dangerous for everyone, ghosted or not.”
A group of misfit teens are left stranded in the icy wasteland of no-time. They are all from the Secret Society of Gifted Teens, but so far their gifts are hindered by the secrets they all carry. Sixteen-year-old Daffodil has escaped the Institution where she was sent after both her parents died. The abuse she received didn’t stifle her gift but it did prepare her for her first mission with The Secret Society of Gifted Teens. And now she finds herself trapped, with six other gifted strangers, all hiding secrets. When they find a group of ghosted orphans they quickly discover their mission. And that is when the battle for survival begins.
WORLD WAR ONE 1914+
Through static recordings we hear the stories of the ghosts ensnared in the abandoned church for nearly 100 years. In WW1, at the age of 14, OSCAR ghosted at the frontlines of Passchendaele where he fled to escape the loss of his entire family. Now, trapped in limbo, he is hiding in an abandoned church with his gathering of ghosted orphans trying desperately to find a way to save their souls. He is more powerful than they know but his determination is more damaging than he realizes. Through Static Recordings they call for help but slowly they are forgetting everything. If they forget to hide from the Shadow it will consume them, taking their existence-time, and that will be disastrous for everyone – living and dead.
BLACKWATER HERALD MOON TRIBUNE 1939+
Through newspaper articles we learn about the life of Madame Glizsnort and the curious sightings in Blackwater that caused such angst so long ago. Madame Glizsnort is responsible for trapping the teenagers, for even in death she is not released from her obsession to save her Lost Children. She manipulates the teens’ fears so that they will use their gifts and do what she has been unable to – after all she more than a vested interest in the outcome. When she suddenly disappears, the group makes an expedition to the ancient cemetery where they find several unmarked graves and where they discover the heinous power of the Shadow – it feeds off misery and shame and there is plenty of that here.
As Daffodil realizes that the teens are moving further and further away from the natural world, she manages to get this group of misfits to face the secrets that have tragically haunted their own lives. It is the only way to source their gifts. It is the only way to escape the Shadow. It is the only way they will survive. And time is running out…
Mysteries and Curiosities:
BARNES & NOBLE