- Describe yourself. I am a person who’s hyper and proud of her insanity. I love to laugh and just have fun. I also tend to be very loud when talking to someone in person, partially because I literally cannot hear how loud I really am. I think it makes up for being so short!
- What is your favourite fruit flavour? Strawberry
- What is your favourite day of the week? Saturday
- Which is your favourite time of the day? Night time. I do my best writing at night too
- Are you a morning person or a night person? Night person, definitely. I may wake up early, but it takes forever for me to really get going.
- What is your favourite breakfast meal? Just about any breakfast food but especially eggs
- What is your favourite colour and why? Blue because it reminds me of the ocean
- Which is your most favourite book ever? This is so hard because I can never pick favorites. The closest would probably be Branded By Fire by Nalini Singh
- What kind of music do you like? Folk metal, symphonic metal, Celtic music, trailer music (like from movie/TV trailers). Pretty much anything with a fast rhythm
- Which is your favourite genre of films? I think action or comedy
- Which is your most favourite place in this Earth? Disney World!
- Which animal would you want to be and why? I think a dolphin. I’ve always loved the ocean
- If you could have a luncheon with any 3 people (real or fictitious), who would you choose and why? Oh dear, I have no idea haha. Umm one would be my great-grandma because she was always the most amazing storyteller. Another would be Roarke from J.D. Robb’s In Death series because he’s my fictional crush. And for the last, my husband (corny I know)
- If you were granted 3 wishes, what would you ask for? This is always a tough one lol. Umm 1. The ability to be able to eat as much bad food as I want without any negative effects, 2. My own personal library that never ends, and 3. For my friends and family to always be happy
- If you were stranded on a lonely beach, what are the 5 things that you would want to survive? My husband, my mini schnauzer, my kindle with some way to keep it charged, lotion, and chapstick. I think that might total 6 but can we pretend?
- If you could be anyone, who would you be? Myself. It took me a long time to be happy with who I am, but now I wouldn’t want to be anyone else!
- What is the one thing you wish you could change in yourself? I’d love to be more organized and tidy
- What is the one thing you wish you could do if given the chance? Umm I’d live in Disney World
- What would you do if you won the lottery? I’d freak, call all my closest friends and family and tell them I won. Depending on the amount I won, I’d first pay off my husband’s med school debt then I’d help my family pay off their debts. Then I’d go traveling and write in exotic locations.
- If you knew that this was your last day on Earth, how would you spend it? With my husband and family. Preferably in Disney because I have the most wonderful memories there.
- Were you a naughty kid or a nice kid? I know you all probably won’t believe me but I was nice. I was the good child who would always try to please my mom and dad. Now when I was an adult, I let my true nature come through lol
- What was the happiest moment in your life? The day I married my husband
- Where do you see yourself 5 years from now? Being a full time writer and hopefully a mother. The plan is to quit my day job when hubby is done with residency which will be in 5 years.
- What is the weirdest/craziest thing you have ever done? Honestly I haven’t really done any crazy things (I know, I know you probably don’t believe me lol)
- What is your definition of an incredible weekend? Getting to lie out on the beach with a good book and just relax
- Which is the best holidays you have ever had? My honeymoon in Disney World. It was my first time going and it was such a blast
- Have you got a phobia you want to share? Anyone who’s friends with me on Facebook has probably already guessed…spiders *shudder*
- What makes you angry? People who judge you without knowing you, those who lie, and those who betray their friends or family
- What do you do when you feel sad? Cry, listen to loud music, hug my dog, curl up with my husband
- Who or what inspires you? My friends inspire me to keep going with my writing. Music inspires some of my scenes, and a number of authors also inspire me. In particular, Nora Roberts/J.D. Robb, Nalini Singh, Gena Showalter, Kresley Cole, Vickie McKeehan, Regan Black, Kallypso Masters, and pretty much every other indie author I’ve met.
- Congratulations! Now you can freely rant about your book(s) and/or projects.
Think you know your fairytales? Think again. These aren’t your normal happily-ever-after. Within these pages, a murderous Little Mermaid gets her revenge, the Cinderella doesn’t really want to wear the slipper, Snow White is up to her eyes in industrial experiments, and the Beauty is in fact the Beast.
This collection of four novellas will surprise you, make you gasp in horror, sigh with relief, and sit on the edge of your seat. And most of all…they will make you rethink everything you think you know about dark fairytales…
In addition, this December I plan to self-publish my first full-length novel, a paranormal romance called Breaking the Nexus. Here’s a little about it:
You know all those myths and legends you heard growing up? The ones that everyone always said were just made up stories? Well they were wrong; those tales were based on reality. The world you know is simply one realm, the Human Realm, and a magical barrier called the Nexus shields this realm from the truth. A second realm, the Mythrian Realm, exists, inhabited by all those creatures you thought were just fiction. The Nexus is breaking and the realms are colliding. Will you be ready?
I love to hear from fellow authors and readers! People can find me on the web at:
Facebook Author: http://www.facebook.com/author.lindsay.avalon
Thank you so much for having me Cinta!!