1. Describe yourself.
I'm a driven and obsessive person. I love food, especially the oh-so-tasty, but fattening stuff. I work out daily to try to keep the weight off. I work a full-time "day job," but write almost every day. I've been told I'm funny ... if I've been drinking, and I have a wonderful singing voice when the music is blaring.
2. What is your favourite fruit flavour?
I love blackberry!
3. What is your favourite day of the week?
Whichever one I get the most writing done on! Commonly Wednesdays, as I take those for vacation quite often, and can stay in my home and write.
4. Which is your favourite time of the day?
I've become a morning person, and so I'd have to go with the early morning ... probably 6 A.M. to 9 A.M.
5. Are you a morning person or a night person?
Morning! My workouts are commonly at 4:30 A.M., so I have difficulty staying up late.
6. What is your favourite breakfast meal?
I prefer eggs, sausage, hash browns, and pancakes, but rarely get to eat them.
7. What is your favourite colour and why?
Green. It's a very soothing color, and yet works well with silver and gold.
8. Which is your most favourite book ever?
I don't have one. Given a choice, I'll read superhero novels or Warhammer 40K novels, but I can't say as I have one favorite.
9. What kind of music do you like?
Thumping dance club type music. The stuff that gets your blood moving.
10. Which is your favourite genre of films?
Superhero action films (not the comedy ones).
11. Which is your most favourite place in this Earth?
It's probably lame, but Disney World for me. I love the parks.
12. Which animal would you want to be and why?
If we're talking about real animals, then a Liger. It's a huge lone predator. Self sufficient, top of the food chain. Plus, it just looks cool.
13. If you could have a luncheon with any 3 people (real or fictitious), who would you choose and why?
While I would be interested in meeting many people, none really rank up there as a "I really wish I could meet/chat with them" type thing.
14. If you were granted 3 wishes, what would you ask for?
a. The ability to create any type of device I can imagine.
b. To have all the same powers as Superman before the 1986 reboot of his comic book series.
c. To be able to choose a time duration, and to be able to focus solely on the task I choose for that alloted time with no distractions.
15. If you were stranded on a lonely beach, what are the 5 things that you would want to survive?
For the sake of seriousness, I'll assume I'm stuck there, and can't have a boat/plane/helicopter, etc. In that scenario, I would want a knife, a high-end composite bow, flint, a needle, and fishing line.
16. If you could be anyone, who would you be?
17. What is the one thing you wish you could change in yourself?
The ability to focus better, so I could force myself to sit down and write without distraction.
18. What is the one thing you wish you could do if given the chance?
Make it "big" as an author.
19. What would you do if you won the lottery?
Retire from my day job, and take up writing novels full time.
20. If you knew that this was your last day on Earth, how would you spend it?
I think I'd get a long massage, watch The Avengers, and eat a lot of tasty, but fattening food.
21. Were you a naughty kid or a nice kid?
Sadly, I think I was pretty much a nice kid.
22. What was the happiest moment in your life?
I have none. I'm being honest here. My emotional state stays pretty level, which unfortunately means I'm not a "happy person" either.
23. Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
My hope is to have a sizable catalog of novels for readers, and to be known in at least the Superhero world as a writer. I anticipate continuing to work full-time as an I.T. manager, and writing on the side, as I do now.
24. What is the weirdest/craziest thing you have ever done?
A lot of people think that my having a computer attached to my elliptical, and writing/editing while jogging is strange... I also dress up in a fantasy outfit when I go to renaissance fairs.
25. What is your definition of an incredible weekend?
One where I get 20,000+ words written from Friday evening through Sunday evening. I'd go with sales, or better yet fan counts, but there aren't good ways to truly measure fans (not even FB or Twitter), and sales are fickle.
26. Which is the best holidays you have ever had?
If by holiday you mean a vacation, then it would be with my ex-wife on a trip to Disney World in Florida, USA. We stayed at the Dolphin right in the middle of the parks, which eliminated all travel, I blew all my "points" to get first class flights, it was extremely relaxing.
27. Have you got a phobia you want to share?
Failure, I suppose. I'm extremely driven.
28. What makes you angry?
Things out of my control. I used to rage at game developers of World of Warcraft and Everquest II when I played them. I'm much calmer since I stopped playing those types of games...
29. What do you do when you feel sad?
Eat chocolate and cookies. I get depression more often than I'd like to think about. I haven't found an "out" yet.
30. Who or what inspires you?
Success. Passing goals. I'm always thinking toward the future, and must push, push, and push to reach the next goal.
31. Congratulations! Now you can freely rant about your book(s) and/or projects.
My brain is mush. I just completed the 11th book in my H.E.R.O. series of novels (9 novels, 2 short stories, and 1 illustrated guide) about superheroes in my own world. I'm excited, because the series is the largest series of superhero novels of the last decade! By the way, the first full book is completely FREE on Smashwords (and should be soon on Amazon B&N and other eBook stores, but those take time to price match).
Here's the link to that one on Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/140093
If you want to jump to it on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/H-E-R-O-Metamorphosis-ebook/dp/B005GM3PV8
I'd point the way to the other novels, but most would want to start with the first book, so go ahead and grab that one, and then decide if you would like to continue on with the series. I do my own graphics for the characters (most of the heroes, and some villains) in 3D, and render them in different poses and lighting for people. I use those for the covers, by the way, the novels are NOT comic books. There are hundreds of images of my superheroes/villains on both the Facebook page (link below), as well as my primary website.
My primary website is: http://www.kevinrau.com
My facebook page (where I post new pics of superheroes from time to time): http://www.facebook.com/herobooks
Amazon author page: http://www.amazon.com/Kevin-Rau/e/B007EHD6US
My twitter handle is: http://www.twitter.com/kevin_rau
By the way, at http://www.kevinrau.com/interviews.asp I interview other authors, and respond/quip to some of their responses. If you are interested, please check it out. It's also a way of getting more tidbits about me in my responses, and I have links to other interviews I've done waaaay at the bottom.
Cinta - thank you for blogging about authors, and have a great day!