- Describe yourself.
- What is your favourite fruit flavour? Blackberry
- What is your favourite day of the week? Saturday
- Which is your favourite time of the day? Evening
- Are you a morning person or a night person? I’m neither, but I’m forced to be both.
- What is your favourite breakfast meal? My husband’s gluten-free blueberry muffins with an almond milk latte.
- What is your favourite colour and why? Green, and I don’t know why. It’s just always the first color to come to mind.
- Which is your most favourite book ever? East Of Eden by John Steinbeck
- What kind of music do you like? It depends on my mood. If I’m being nostalgic, it’s the 80s hits. If I’m being extremely nostalgic, it’s hits from the 70s. I also listen to what my kids listen to. They have good taste, though. They hate anything overly “autotuned.”
- Which is your favourite genre of films? Probably Action. I’m not one for chick flicks.
- Which is your most favourite place in this Earth? From what I have seen of the Earth, Maui.
- Which animal would you want to be and why? A Grizzly bear, because who messes with a Grizzly bear?
- If you could have a luncheon with any 3 people (real or fictitious), who would you choose and why? Since I only have interest in people I know and like, I’ll choose indie authors whom I’ve come to think highly of, and our luncheon is expanding: David C. Cassidy, Kathy Hall, C.R. Hiatt, D.G. Torrens, Patricia Paris, Carmen DeSousa, Alan McDermott, Seb Kirby, Zach Fortier, Javier Robayo, Scott Bury, Gary Henry, Monica LaPorta, Vered Ehansi, Michael Lorde, Zoe Saadia, G.A. Albrethsen, you, of course, dear Cinta, and all of the other awesome indies in Art Knows No Boundaries—Names keep popping in my head, but I’ll refrain from listing them. What can I say? I have met a lot of cool writers.
- If you were granted 3 wishes, what would you ask for? The ability to manipulate time and space (I would be soooooo prolific), the ability to heal and heal others by touch— actually, can I ask for an infinite number of wishes?
- If you were stranded on a lonely beach, what are the 5 things that you would want to survive? I just want one thing: an infinite number of wishes.
- If you could be anyone, who would you be? Me, because choosing anyone else would give me a different spouse, children, parents, siblings, grandparents, etc.
- What is the one thing you wish you could change in yourself? The self-doubt that crops up from time to time.
- What is the one thing you wish you could do if given the chance? Become a New York Times Bestselling author.
- What would you do if you won the lottery? How much did I win?
- If you knew that this was your last day on Earth, how would you spend it? I’d spend it with family and shoveling all the naughty, delicious foods I could get my hands on into my mouth.
- Were you a naughty kid or a nice kid? Nice, very nice. Just don’t ask my sister @deevinehammer.
- What was the happiest moment in your life? My wedding day and the first time I held each of my children. Cliche, but true.
- Where do you see yourself 5 years from now? I only see myself as 49, unless the ability to reverse aging has been discovered, preferably in a convinient pill form that a filthy rich New York Times Bestselling author, such as myself, can afford, then I see myself as 29.
- What is the weirdest/craziest thing you have ever done? I’m going to steal Ben Ditmars’ answer to this question since I don’t have anything interesting to share: I licked a complete stranger once.
- What is your definition of an incredible weekend? One where I can sleep in, enjoy a cup of coffee and goody with my family when I wake up, and not have to drive anyone anywhere, go grocery shopping, clean house, do laundry, or make a meal, and can carve out time to write before going on a date with my husband. Oh, and we have dinner at the great Thai restaurant Monica La Porta and her husband introduced us to.
- Which is the best holidays you have ever had? Disneyland, The Happiest Place On Earth.
- Have you got a phobia you want to share? I have none, other than not caring for snakes much. Spiders, I’m cool with.
- What makes you angry? Crimes against the innocent. Good thing I’m not God.
- What do you do when you feel sad? If my sadness is over something trivial, I wallow a bit before telling myself to stop being lame. If my sadness is over something significant and weighty, which would most likely affect others, I pray.
- Who or what inspires you? I must be cliche again: my kids.
- Congratulations! Now you can freely rant about your book(s) and/or projects.
Cassidy Jones and the Secret Formula, Book One:
One Girl. One Accident. One Incredible Superhero.
Cassidy Jones is your typical fourteen-year-old— that is, until a seemingly harmless accident in the laboratory of a world-renowned geneticist turns her world upside down. Discovering incredible strength, speed, and enhanced physical senses that defy logic, Cassidy embarks on an action-packed adventure that has her fighting for answers…and for her very life.
An Ancient Secret Has Come To Life, And Everyone On The Planet Is At Risk…
Two months after being infected with a strange retrovirus, Cassidy Jones continues to live a double life while she struggles to master her newly gained superpowers. High school has become the only normal thing left in her life—except for tall, dark, and handsome Emery Phillips, who shadows her every move, making sure she doesn’t reveal her secret. But when a sleepover at Catamount Mountain Zoo takes a menacing turn, all bets are off as Cassidy is drawn into another riveting and perilous mystery that threatens the planet.
Cassidy Jones and the Seventh Attendant, Book Three: Coming Spring 2013
Some secrets are better left buried…
When the mysterious Gavin Phillips returns to Seattle after a prolonged and unexplained absence, he threatens to expose fifteen-year-old Cassidy Jones’s incredible secret: she is a superhero. But his presence is far more sinister than she realizes, for it soon becomes apparent that his hidden agenda holds a dark and dangerous intent that will unleash an unparalleled evil upon an unsuspecting world. Can Cassidy stop him before all is lost?
Amazon Author Page: http://bit.ly/E_S
Cassidy Jones and the Secret Formula:
Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/cassidy-jones-and-the-secret-formula-elise-stokes/1104083532?ean=9780615377131
Cassidy Jones and Vulcan’s Gift:
Twitter @CassidyJonesAdv: http://bit.ly/CassidyJonesAdv