- Describe yourself. A dreamer, I live in my own bubble and it’s great...
- What is your favourite fruit flavour? Blueberries. I just can’t get enough of them.
- What is your favourite day of the week? Saturday, I get to do more of the things I love on this day.
- Which is your favourite time of the day? First thing in a morning before the world awakes.
- Are you a morning person or a night person? A morning person.
- What is your favourite breakfast meal? Branflakes topped with blueberries and natural yogurt, (YUMMY!)
- What is your favourite colour and why? Red, red and more red. I simply love the colour red, you should see my house. Red is everywhere…
- Which is your most favourite book ever? Pride and Prejudice.
- What kind of music do you like? I love music from many genres.
- Which is your favourite genre of films? Period and thrillers.
- Which is your most favourite place in this Earth? Zante, Greece; I got engaged there.
- Which animal would you want to be and why? A dog with an owner like me…
- If you could have a luncheon with any 3 people (real or fictitious), who would you choose and why? Charles Dickens, Audrey Hepburn, and my Great Grandma, because I have certain questions I would love to ask each of them, and I am a huge fan of all…
- If you were granted 3 wishes, what would you ask for? An end to all wars, to be a best-selling author, and to set up my own children’s charity.
- If you were stranded on a lonely beach, what are the 5 things that you would want to survive? Books, chocolate, books, chocolate, oh! and wine…
- If you could be anyone, who would you be? I am happy being myself these days.
- What is the one thing you wish you could change in yourself? My confidence levels.
- What is the one thing you wish you could do if given the chance? Set up my own childrens’s charity.
- What would you do if you won the lottery? Gosh! So much! Set up my own children’s charity, buy a bigger house with a huge library to house all my books and future books…
- If you knew that this was your last day on Earth, how would you spend it? Every last minute with my daughter.
- Were you a naughty kid or a nice kid? A nice quiet kid
- What was the happiest moment in your life? Holding my daughter for the very first time
- Where do you see yourself 5 years from now? A best selling author
- What is the weirdest/craziest thing you have ever done? Dived off a very high cliff into the ocean in Greece and had my belly button pierced
- What is your definition of an incredible weekend? Spending it with family and close friends
- Which is the best holidays you have ever had? Greece
- Have you got a phobia you want to share? Spiders, they make my skin crawl
- What makes you angry? Rude and cruel people. I have no time for them at all.
- What do you do when you feel sad? Write poetry (I love poetry)
- Who or what inspires you? So many people and so many things; too many to mention
- Congratulations! Now you can freely rant about your book(s) and/or projects.
“Heart and Mind” (a collection of contemporary poetry)
I would like to talk about my new book, “Heart and Mind” a collection of poetry which I have been writing for many years. This book is very close to my heart as many of the poems included in this inspirational and contemporary collection were born from personal experiences. This collection is designed to inspire people from all walks of life, whether you’re young, old, rich, poor, sad or happy! There is something for everyone. There is a message in many of the poems that are designed to inspire all those that read them. I believe that there is no better place to learn about compassion, love, trust, loyalty and friendship than the “University of Life.” Many obstacles are placed in our path throughout our life’s journey and it's how we deal with those obstacles that help to shape the person we become. These can only serve to make us stronger and wiser and eventually be in a position to share our wisdom with others. I hope you will all enjoy my heartfelt collection of poetry and feel inspired at the finish.
UK Link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Heart-and-Mind-ebook/dp/B009NIEVM8/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1349790234&sr=1-1
USA Link: http://www.amazon.com/Heart-and-Mind-ebook/dp/B009NIEVM8/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1349790282&sr=1-1&keywords=Heart+and+mind+d+g+torrens
Thank you Cinta for inviting me here today! You are a wonderful writer and friend and very inspirational yourself.