1. Describe yourself.
I am a Geek. But ‘brainy is the new sexy’ as Irene Adler stated in BBC Sherlock. So I feel justified.
2. What is your favourite fruit flavour?
Strawberry. Always Strawberry. yumm!
3. What is your favourite day of the week?
Friday. “Partyin’ partyin YEAH! I’m looking forward to the weekend” Just like Rebecca Black.
4. Which is your favourite time of the day?
5. Are you a morning person or a night person?
Both. I rule both dark and light. Wow I sound like a devil. No, I do though. I am both a morning and night person.
6. What is your favourite breakfast meal?
Boiled Egg with toast.
7. What is your favourite colour and why?
Purple because the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, Donatello, wore a purple band around his head while he beat bad guys up with a stick. And ironically he was nerdy. A nerd who ‘kicked shell’. No wonder I turned out to be a geek!
8. Which is your most favourite book ever?
The Lord of the Rings...and The Chronicles of Narnia. It’s a tie, can’t have one without the other.
9. What kind of music do you like?
I listen mainly to Rock/metal/indie. But I like a lot of orchestrated music and I love listening to film scores! Film scores are great to write too!
10. Which is your favourite genre of films?
I will enjoy any genre as a long as the story is well told and engaging. If its a cap story but film well, won’t like it. If its a good story but film badly, I can appreciate the story but not the film.
11. Which is your most favourite place in this Earth?
Currently its sitting on top Primrose Hill near Regents Park in London. From atop this hill you can see the entire city as its the highest elevation in London. Its such a lovely site/sight.
12. Which animal would you want to be and why?
I lion because they are the king of the jungle.
13. If you could have a luncheon with any 3 people (real or fictitious), who would you choose and why?
C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien, and Sherlock Holmes. Because all three are brilliant and packed with so much knowledge. It’d be a great luncheon!
14. If you were granted 3 wishes, what would you ask for?
First wish I’d wish for a million more wishes. oh I suppose that’s not in the rules huh! I’d probably be selfish with my wishes. 1. A nice flat in the centre of London that I don’t have to pay for, preferably near or on Baker Street. 2. A music studio. 3. Strike a film deal with all of my stories!
15. If you were stranded on a lonely beach, what are the 5 things that you would want to survive?
1. Me. I want to survive! 2. A suitcase of my favourite books 3. My mac - so that I can listen to music. 4. A comfy sleeping bag. 5. A TARDIS so that I when I get bored I can go jumping about time and space and stock up on food and be sociable before returning to my ‘lonely’ beach where people think I’m stranded but not really. -bet you didn’t see THAT coming!
16. If you could be anyone, who would you be?
There’s no one that I really want to be. If I had to choose, maybe a fictional character liiiike, Wolverine. He’s badass and can’t really die. Or Doctor Who, he’s rather fun!
17. What is the one thing you wish you could change in yourself?
Shew, some major psychoanalysis going on here! The thing is, anything that is changeable, I have the ability to change myself. So if there’s something that I want changed about myself I therefore must make the initiative to see whatever I want changed happen. So what I am trying to change is, become a better writer! BOOM! We got to an answer!
18. What is the one thing you wish you could do if given the chance?
Go whale watching and see Killer Whales. They are amazing!
19. What would you do if you won the lottery?
Depending on the sum. Buy a house make some investments, and do some kick-butt promotions for my books, then do other things like help family and The Hands and Feet Project in Haiti!
20. If you knew that this was your last day on Earth, how would you spend it?
I’d spend the day with my gal. We’d quickly down six pints of beer, eat peanuts, then hitch a ride on the Vogon destructor ship that is about to destroy the earth just moments before it explodes.
21. Were you a naughty kid or a nice kid?
I was adventurous. Put it like that.
22. What was the happiest moment in your life?
I have many. I don’t think I can pick an exact moment. But I can say that the moments I am recalling are times that I’ve spent with my close friends.
23. Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
I’ll tell you when I get there. Because 5 years ago I wouldn’t have said I would be where I am now.
- What is the weirdest/craziest thing you have ever done?
25. What is your definition of an incredible weekend?
One that combines a mixture of reading/exploring/filmwatching/adventure
26. Which is the best holidays you have ever had?
My most recent holiday to Morfa Nefyn in Wales. Had a lovely cottage just a short distance from one of the most lovely and quietest beaches ever.
27. Have you got a phobia you want to share?
No phobias for me...least not yet ha! Though I do hate snakes.
28. What makes you angry?
29. What do you do when you feel sad?
I watch Peepshow and realise my life isn’t all that bad!
30. Who or what inspires you?
Many things inspire me. Colours, shapes, people, places. I am always being inspired no matter where I am.
Congratulations! Now you can freely rant about your book(s) and/or projects.
I have three books out this year that I am incredibly excited about.
The Untold Adventures of Sherlock Holmes.
In the Untold Adventures of Sherlock Holmes Doctor Watson recalls seven adventures that he accompanied his friend Mr Sherlock Holmes on. In this book Holmes and Watson are caught in the middle of Government Scandals, Cold Blooded Murders, Threats From Beyond Our Realm, and in a story that works through over a decade of Holmes’s cases we learn a little bit more about the mystery that surrounds Watson’s wife, Mary and what became of her sudden disappearance from Watson’s life.
The Untold Adventures of Sherlock Holmes is available now in paperback and ebook from all good bookstores including in the USA Barnes and Noble, Amazon & Itunes. In the UK Amazon, Waterstones, Itunes UK. For fans outside US and UK can get free delivery from Book Depository. Alternatively you can order straight from MX Publishing!
video trailer can be seen here:
Fragile Words: A Collection of Verses and Short Stories.
Fragile Words is a collection 29 verses and short stories that I’ve written. In this book I step outside the world of Sherlock Holmes and delve into friendship and love, pain and loss, and humour and horror in my own unique way. Each and every tale presented holds a special place for me. I can tell you exactly what each story is refering to what was going in on my life when I wrote them. It really is an open heart books and I am thrilled to release my “Fragile Words” to you.
Sold exclusively through Amazon! Go to amazon.com & amazon.co.uk
Video trailer can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=523NRDw8Ys0&feature=g-upl
Sherlock Holmes & The Case of the Crystal Blue Bottle.
A young woman named Deseray Underwood has been found dead, in her London lodgings, by her finance Samuel Mortimer. The body itself shows no signs of a struggle. Lestrade, baffled by the cause of death, summons the aid of Sherlock Holmes and his great powers of deduction. Holmes stumbles upon one single clue, a crystal blue bottle, which sends him and Watson on a wild chase through the streets of London in pursuit of answers to this young woman’s sudden demise. A death that would make any benefactor very wealthy.
Coming December 10th: Pre-order now on Amazon.com , Amazon.co.uk and The Book Depository now! Alternatively you can order straight from MX Publishing!
This project is Featuring 10 outstanding illustrators from across the globe, the story comes to life through the efforts of Marcie Klinger and Sarah Ruprecht & Dan Albers. Along with contributions from high profile illustrators Steven E. Gordon (The Great Mouse Detective, X-Men Evolution, Ultimate Avengers), Matthew Ferguson (Marvel’s The Avengers, Star Wars & Chronicle) & Wayne Miller (Sherlock Holmes Revenant illustrator). This is the Sherlock Holmes comic book event of 2012.
All Profit made will be going to The Undershaw Preservation Trust to help raise awareness as they battle to save the former home of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. (www.saveundershaw.com)
Video trailer can be see here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xj1wjPpSmg&feature=g-upl
I hope everyone is able to check out some of my titles! I am working very hard at putting together a followup Sherlock Holmes Book that will follow on from Untold Adventure. I am also working on a very special, but very secret Holmes book with several amazing authors. Both projects are aiming to release in 2013, so keep your eyes plead for more stuff to come! Until then please find me on facebook and twitter. Befriend or like my page!